Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A room with a view

In yet another attempt to keep my mind busy, I have started thinking about front doors. I think that a front door says so much about a home and I want ours to feel open and inviting. I know there are other things I should be focused on at the moment, but honestly none of them are more enjoyable than looking at pictures of beautiful houses.
Josh and I have differing opinions on several style issues. I like light, bright and airy. He enjoys darker colors and low lighting. In an effort to compromise, since this is our "Forever House", I want as many windows as possible accompanied by darker finishes on the walls and floors. I think that's reasonable.
We are surrounded by beautiful land and lots of family here at Carettiville. I want a view from every room!
So, I found the perfect front doors for the house. They will let in plenty of light, but still have a touch of craftsman styling to them. I had to assure Josh that the wreaths were not part of the plan. These particular doors are double insulated so they are also practical!

No comments: