Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Now we're rolling! Oh wait...never mind.

So the building process really is all about 2 steps forward and 1 step back. This past Saturday we began staking the house. Josh and I had it set in the perfect spot. Well, we thought it was the perfect spot. Thank goodness we have family and friends who are not afraid to share their knowledge with us newbies. Seriously, I am VERY grateful for the guidance and suggestions. I've said it before, I am all about learning from other peoples mistakes! So we figured out that we needed to sit the house further back and to the left. But of course, there were trees there. Which brings me to Sunday.
Uncle Joe had mentioned that a few trees and shrubs needed to be removed. So this is what happened Sunday afternoon. We don't do anything halfway in Carettiville!
From The Land

It was a lot of work, but it was also a ton of fun! There's nothing like some quality time spent with family pulling up trees.
From The Land

Josh did call me this afternoon to let me know that the survey was finished. Yay!!! Then he called back to tell me that we still needed the deed for the easement. I'm not sure what that means, other than more time.

No comments: