Sunday, March 6, 2011

New Beginnings!

Well, I feel like it's probably time to update the blog since I haven't even looked at it in over a year! So much has happened in Carettiville over the past year that a few things should be mentioned. First of all, we are in the process of building a house. Of course it will be in Carettiville, just a little further down the road. I resigned from my position at Sonshine to look for a full-time teaching position in the city system. (I didn't get a full-time position, but I have been super busy with extended leaves and achievement testing). Sophie started kindergarten this year and she is blowing us away! Walker started middle school in the fall and that is a complete nightmare. He's doing great, but I'm a wreck! He's in the middle of soccer season right now. Livi is rocking right along at MDO. She's absolutely hilarious and has the craziest hair I could have imagined. Tons of crazy curls! Josh has completed 2 marathons this year and is getting ready for his next big project....building our house!
For the next year (hopefully no longer) this blog will be devoted to the construction of our new home. It is my goal to post weekly pics and project updates. We have picked out our house plan and are in the process of making the last modifications. Josh and I actually went over to the lot this afternoon and measured off where the house will sit. That was interesting. I have been assured that the house always looks bigger after it has been built.
At this point we are waiting on the land to be surveyed and deeded. Then we will be able to go to the bank to get our construction loan. SCARY!!!
I'll be posting pics of the land and our house plans later this week. Stay tuned.

Here is a link to the house plan we chose. We have made several modifications and the house will (more than likely) be white hardy board with black shutters.

http://www.eplans.com/country_house-plans/HWEPL72776.hwx

No comments: