Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lights and Toilets and Stairs, Oh My!

That's about all there is left to finish. We need lights to hang over the garage, the toilet still needs to be installed in Walker's bathroom and the stair treads need to be stained. That's a very attainable list. Oh, and we also need to have the mantle installed, seal the granite, put the fixtures on the soaker tub and clean the entire house. Still do-able.
The real struggle is combining that list with 2 working parents, 3 very active (wonderful, beautiful and highly intelligent) children, the holiday season, and college football.
I'm sure you've heard people say, "If your marriage can survive building a house, it can survive anything". I totally get that now. Do NOT misunderstand me here! We have not been fighting and are not in need of immediate marital counseling. However, I completely understand how an endeavor of this magnitude can test a relationship. This house building stuff is serious business. In an odd and highly unexpected turn of events, I have become the calm one in our relationship. Who knew? I'm still clumsy and accident prone, but I am calm.
*Please do not mistake this for complaining. During this season of Thanks, I am constantly reminded of how truly blessed Josh and I are.
Of course I know that the blabbering is a mere means to an end and that the only reason people actually read blogs is to look at the pictures. So hear you go. I'm including a lot of before and afters. Enjoy! Remember, you can click on the pictures to be redirected to our picasa photo album. There are dozens of pics on there that I did not have room for on this post.
Kitchen- Before
From The House

Kitchen- After
From The House

Girls' Glam Closet- Before
From The House

Girls' Glam Closet- after
From The House

The Pantry- Before
From The House

The Pantry- After
From The House

The Girls' Bathroom- Before
From The House

The Girls' Bathroom- After
From The House

Master Bath- Before
From The House

Master Bath- After
From The House

From The House

Purple Powder Room!!!
From The House

Walker's Rec Room- Before
From The House

Walker's Rec Room- After
From The House

From The House

Blurry picture of the house and curvy sidewalk
From The House

Handprints!!! If this is cheesy, then bring on the velveeta!
From The House

From The House

From The House

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Wow! The house looks amazing! This post brings back memories of when we were building our house. Thankful we didn't have kids at that point!