Sunday, August 28, 2011

You Say Goodbye, I Say Yellow




That's right folks! The yellow is slowly, but surely being eradicated from the exterior of my house. I must admit, the baby poop yellow was beginning to grow on me. The same way mold grows on a petri dish. I am so glad to see it gone!
Life has been completely insane around these parts for the past 4 weeks. Things with the house have not slowed down and school started back. This means that the kids and I now attend 4 different schools and my classroom has become my 2nd home. Throw in football, tennis, gymnastics and 9 thousand birthday parties and you've got a pretty full schedule. Did I mention Walker also cracked a bone in his hand the Friday before school started? So let's add water-proofing a cast to our list of things-to-do every morning before school.


This is the living room with fireplace flanked by French doors.

But let's get back to the house. The Sheetrock was hung last week and the mudding and sanding will start Monday morning. It's amazing what a difference this makes! We can not say enough good things about our Sheetrock guy. Neal Foust has done an outstanding job. He even had his wife and son at the house cleaning up Saturday morning. I love subs that clean up after themselves.
Our garage doors have also been installed and the room above the garage is now finished enough to be used for storage.

This is the "storage" room above the garage. One day soon it will be my uber-organized Christmas warehouse.

I still have high hopes for being in by Christmas. Maybe, just maybe, we can be in by Thanksgiving.
It occurred to me a couple of weeks ago that I would actually have to pack and move in a few months. I promise that I had not thought of this before two weeks ago. I'm not sure what I thought was going to happen to all of our stuff. Maybe subconsciously I thought it was just going to magic it's way over to the new house. Regardless, I am now fully aware that I will be packing up all of my earthly possessions and moving them a 1/4 mile down the driveway. I see a HUGE yard sale in my future. Fun times!

Garage Before Sheet rock

This is the garage after sheet rock.


The garage is not the best sample of the work that has been going on, but is the largest example of sheet rock.
*Side note- Josh and I have not had any major knock-down-drag-outs over the house (yet). I think it's probably due to the fact that we are so compatible and our thoughts and wants are one and the same. Or the fact that we have been so busy we don't have time to speak, much less argue.

No comments: